Upcoming Events & Classes
Renew your books
211 East Washington Street
Demopolis, AL 36732
Tel : (334) 289-1595
Fax : (334) 289-8260
E-mail : send message
Use Our Computers
- You must have your library card to access the computers.
- Library cards are FREE if you live in Marengo County. There is a $5 fee for residents outside of Marengo County.
- You must show proof of residency for Marengo County.
- You must be at least 5 years of age to get a library card and the parent or guardian must fill out and sign the application for applicants under the age of 18.
- There is a $2.00 replacement fee for lost or stolen library cards.
- Computers are available on a first come, first serve basis. There is a 30 minute time limit for children and a two hour time limit for adults.
- Copies printed from the computer are 10 ¢ per sheet for black and white and $.50 for color.
- Children under 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to use the Internet. Parent and child together must read our Internet policy .Then, the parent must give written permission for the child to use the Internet.
- Computer Software:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
Free wireless access to the Internet is available at the Demopolis Public Library. Patrons may access the Internet at the library using their own laptop computers. Patrons do not have to use any special codes or passwords to access the Internet. They can simply turn on their laptops to connect to the Wi-Fi.
Connecting to Wireless
Step 1: Some computers connect automatically. The only thing that you have to do is make sure the wireless in your computer is turned on. There should be a button with an indicator light near your keyboard. If you have trouble locating it, refer to your user’s manual for the location.
Step2: For older computers more steps are needed. With a computer running windows open your start menu and find “network” or “internet connections”. There should be an option for wireless that you can click. Your computer will search for wireless connections and you will be offered a list of options. Find the connection in the list for the location DPL. Once you click it you will be connected.